There is a big reason why we call breakfast, ‘ the most important meal of the day’. One should never skip a protein-rich breakfast. It restores your supply of glucose to stimulate the energy levels and activeness, therefore, it’s necessary to intake the required amount of nutrition for our good health.
As proteins provide us with the energy to run around the clock. A high protein-rich breakfast has been shown to benefit muscle health and to promote weight loss by burning calories, increasing muscle mass and energy expenditure and glucose levels by decreasing the desire to eat more often.
Here are some delicious superfoods packed with proteins to add-in your breakfast plate.
CHICK-CHICK CHICKPEAS (A protein-rich breakfast)
The main protein found in chickpeas is similar to the other legumes and globulins and even a similar amount of gluten. Chickpeas are also called garbanzo beans. They have a subtle, nutty texture that goes with everything nicely.
EGGS (A protein-rich breakfast)
Eggs are the best source of all eight essential vitamins and minerals. They are always so easy to make and have a variety of forms to try. Eggs have 6 gm of high-quality protein and are perfect breakfast to help sustain mental and physical energy throughout the day.
BRASSICA AKA BROCCOLI (A protein-rich breakfast)
Broccoli is high in many nutrients like fiber, vitamin C, K, iron, and potassium. It also shows off more proteins than most of the other green veggies. It is indeed a superfood. Broccoli has antioxidants to fight cancer and to cure many other diseases.
QUINOA- A PSEUDO CEREAL
The most popular health food and is high in protein, fibre and mineral. Takes not more than 10 minutes to cook, it contains a small amount of heart health omega -3 fatty acid and in comparison to other cereals. It also contains all other 9 essential amino acids.
BLACK PEARLS – CHIA SEEDS
Chia seeds are tiny black seeds from the plant Salvia Hispanica, which is associated with the mint. It has fibers, proteins, calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium. Despite their tiniest size, they are loaded with omega -3 fatty acids and many other macronutrients. No doubt it is one of the most nutritious foods on the earth.
They belong to the legume family. Tiny beans grow in pods and grow in black, red, brown, and many varieties. They are always high in protein and fiber and have lots of nutrition. They promote heart health, fights fatigue and even helps in cancer
Now let’s check out some quick easy breakfast recipes that include protein and is super delicious
- Mushroom and cheese omelettes
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 oz sliced button mushroom
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese
- Cooking spray
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Salt to taste
How To Prepare
- Preheat the broiler.
- Heat a skillet and coat it with cooking spray.
- Sauté the mushrooms for 2 minutes.
- Transfer them to a large bowl.
- Add the egg whites and yolks, herbs, cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Wipe the skillet and coat it with cooking spray.
- Add the egg and mushroom, mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and boil it for 3 minutes.
- Take it out and cut into four slices. Enjoy!
- 1 cup grated Paneer
- Oil/ ghee for brushing the tikkis
For pressure cooking, See notes for other options
- ½ cup uncooked Quinoa pre-washed OR see notes.
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup of water
- 1 plantain/ raw banana washed, pricked and cut in half
For making green masala
- ½ cup roasted peanuts without skin
- Fistful of Mint leaves
- Fistful of Coriander/ cilantro leaves with tender stems
- 2 green chilis or adjust to your spice level
- 1 ” knob ginger OR ½ tablespoon grated
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala optional
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Couple twists of black pepper
For the dip/ chutney (suitable for fasting)
- ½ cup packed mint
- ½ cup packed cilantro
- 1 green chilli
- ½ “ piece of ginger
- 2-3 tablespoons yoghurt
- Salt to taste
Pressure cooker / Instant Pot method –
- Add 1 cup water to the inner pot.
- Put the trivet on it.
- Place Quinoa, salt & 1 cup water in an Instant Pot safe bowl.
- Cover with lid and place the plantain/potato cut in half over it.
- Close the lid.
- Switch on the Instant Pot with a black knob on SEALING position.
- Press Manual HIGH and set the time for 3 minutes of HIGH PRESSURE.
- Once the IP beeps, let the pressure come down naturally.
- Take out the plantain and quinoa. Open the lid and let it cool completely.
- Meantime make the green masala, grate the paneer and make the dip for these patties.
Make Green Masala
- Make the green masala by blending mint, coriander, roasted skinned peanuts and green chillies.
- Grate the paneer. If you have a food processor make use of it to grate paneer in 10 seconds.
- Use the fine grater attachment for the same.
- Let the cooked quinoa and the plantain cool down completely before proceeding with the recipe.
- Peel and grate the plantain instead of smashing it for nice even lump-free mixture.
Putting it together
- Mix all ingredients and add the spices.
- I have not deep-fried these kababs. Instead of cooked them on a skillet with little oil/ ghee.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat.
- Make tikkis that are approximately 2 ” broad and 1/4 ” thickness
- Once the Tawa/ skillet is warm brush it lightly with oil or ghee.
- Place the tikkis / patties on it.
- Cook them on a low to medium heat gently flipping midway.
- Let it cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until they are crispy and golden brown.
- Serve it warm or cold with a salad and a dip.
For the green chutney/ dip
- Blend all ingredients in the small jar of a blender or a spice jar of a mixer until smooth.
- Taste test and adjust seasoning or liquid for reaching the desired consistency
To manage blood sugar level and body weight one must have protein-rich breakfast as it makes you full and stops the desire to eat frequently. It also boosts your performance throughout the day.
CREDITS: HIMANSHI RAWAT
#dinner #healthy #food #diet